Thursday, December 14, 2006

Just saw War of the Worlds...

Definitely too long and not enough happened, but not quite as terrible as I had been led to believe by many.


Both kids were obnoxious, and I could have gone without hearing Tom Cruise sing Little Deuce Coupe in falsetto.

Also, did they really need to bring in Morgan Freeman for about 30 seconds of narration?



I also can't believe they couldn't kill someone in the family, not Robbie, not even the damn grandparents.

And germs? That's how they died? How lame is that - how does that even help me if I ever have to fight aliens?



the best part was probably the basement scene with the mechanical arm. a pretty good horrorish movie could probably made in which 8 people start in a basement and the mechanical arm comes looking for them one by one.

anyway, not a particularly good movie, but I don't feel like I wasted two hours of life either.

1 comment:

Lisa From Queens said...

Did you know that Dr. Clayton Forrester from MST3K was directly named after the lead character in 1953's War of the Worlds? Also, did you know I've been watching too much MST3K lately? (Actually, I think you did know that.)