Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I was out of the US for some time, but now I'm back and it's World Cup season. I'm going to attempt (I'm not yet sure if I will actually be able to do it yet) to watch every match of the World Cup. This doesn't mean I have to watch them live - that would be impossible - I can DV-R them, and I don't have to watch them in order. If I am actually going to do it, I'm going to say that I need to finish all the games before the final. That sets an actual end date, but gives me some leeway if I fall behind in these opening rounds, since, seriously, there's three matches a day, it's a lot of football (soccer, whatever, either way). Also, since I'm watching out of order, yes, I'm going to find out some scores before I see the matches, but honestly it's just impossible to not - I've managed to hold off for a few more important games to me, and ones I'm going to watch very soon after they aired.

I was unable to watch anything on Friday or Saturday so those matches are all logged on the DV-R.

On Sunday, I woke up early and watched my recorded US-England manage, which I miraculously managed to not have ruined for me.

I then went to Loreley on the Lower East Side and watched Serbia-Ghana and Germany Australia there.

After Sunday June 13 - 3/63 total matches

Monday June 14:

Woke up and watched Netherlands-Denmark

Watched Japan-Cameroon in the afternoon and Italy-Paraguay at night

After Monday June 14 - 6/63 total matches watched.

More thoughts tomorrow after matches and sleep.

No comments: