Thursday, January 20, 2011


So, I've been sick the last couple of days, and not super serious sick, but for me, more sick than I've been in quite a long time. Anyway, I feel like my immune system has the talent to defend me from illness, but they've gotten lazy and stagnant with few imminent threats, and have forgotten to work as a team.

I wish I could round up my white blood cells or whatever and give them some sort of motivational speech - throw them a Dennis Byrd jersey (by the way if I have to hear one more story about how it was this speech that actually inspired the Jets to victory - yes, at first it was a very cool story, but how about emphasizing the actually, um, plays in the game - I'm sure the players would have put in their best efforts either way) or tell them what the virus said about their ability to fight it - that they had no chance, that the virus would cruise to an easy win. Maybe I just need a better coach. Maybe my voice has lost resonance with the team. I hear Larry Brown's now available; if I don't get better soon, I'll put myself on the hot seat.

No comments: