Sunday, January 25, 2009

If I could make on proclamation that would come true, and a stipulation was that it couldn't actually have a real effect on the world in any way (ie. world peace, no more hunger, poverty, etc.), it would be to eliminate every playing of Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" for five years (as a start) and if I got an extra half-a-wish replace each of these recordings with The Jam's "Town Called Malice" (which it kind of sounds like for half a second). Just to get it straight, I don't hate "Are You Gonna Be My Girl," I just don't want to hear it for a significant while. If that doesn't sound like a big difference to you, I assure you it is.

2 comments:

AndrewEberle said...

I hate every song that Jet has ever recorded and love the Jam. In other words, I'm in.

Terry said...

I'm torn. The mashup of "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and Girls Aloud's "Love Machine" is pretty awesome.