Friday, September 19, 2008

A few random notes...

...boy I didn't realize the outcry that actually existed over these Seinfeld - Gates commercials - I'd like to reiterate I was on the positive/completely confused side rather than the negative/completely confused side. While I found them extremely bizarre I was certainly more interested in watching them than 98% of the other commercials on TV - now after two spots it appears they're ending, whether as a planned move to the next wave of the advertising push, as Microsoft claims, or because they were pulled due to the massive negative public reaction...

...an official new feature of this blog for the next week and a half and his next one or two starts will be the Lincecum pitch count tracker...tracking how stupid Bruce Bochy/Brian Sabean are in leaving their young pitcher out for pitch counts that no other major league pitcher throws in meaningless games and more than 60 more innings than he's ever thrown (I blame Sabean most of all - it's his job to shut him down for the year and in lieu of that give a strict pitch count)...

...I need to make my pick for my Survivor league...the first week I took what I thought was the obvious pick and went with New England against the Chiefs, thinking it was the only way I could nearly guarentee not embarassingly bombing out in the first week, even if it meant giving up the Patriots for the rest of the season, and with Brady's injury, that's not such a bad thing - even though they're still good, they're not longer a guarentee against most teams. Second week, my decision came down to the Steelers versus the Browns or the Giants versus the Rams, and I went with the Giants after personally watching how putrid the Rams were against the Eagles the week before. So the third week comes, and there are even fewer good picks than last week. The Chargers are temping versus the Jets, but they've been so mediocre so far. I think Tennessee will probably beat Houston, one team that I expect to get better and always underperforms, but I'm not all that confident in it. I half wish I had saved the Giants for this week against the Bengals. Jacksonville's been pitiful so far, but the Colts haven't exactly been gangbusters either, and while the Browns have been bad, I'm still not sold on picking a Ravens team with a QB starting the second game of his young career. I'm honestly leaning towards picking the Bills, though I hesitate - I don't want my fandom to bias my choice, though with the Bills, the bias probably runs in the opposite direction (against the Bills). Still, against Oakland at home, they seem like the best pick. So that's who I stand with until I panic and freak out five minutes before the first game and try to sign into Yahoo only to find out it's too late and I'm stuck with them anyway.

No comments: